Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Subtle Mind vs. Loving Kindness

This exercise was difficult for me. I had a hard time concentrating on the clip and the waves seemed long and drawn out to me. The periods of time during the music and waves crashing, I found myself getting easily distracted and drawn to other things. At some points I even dozed off! This was difficult for me partly because I am uncomfortable taking time like that to focus on myself and my inner thoughts. The loving kindness clip was easier because I could think about others.
I think that spiritual wellness and mental/physical wellness go hand in hand. In these moments of meditation, inner thoughts that affect me mentally and physically, are dealt with. When they trouble or make home in my head, my body is affected. Whenever I am stressed, dealing with the things that cause me stress are what brings me the most relief. It's like a load is lifted off my shoulders. So, they are def. related. One cannot sit alone--they affect the entire body equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment