Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Meeting Aesclepius

This exercise was really weird for me. I'm not gonna lie! I struggled to see a person that had passed that was wise....and I couldn't envision a fake one, or the beam of light. The music and waves were relaxing, so I was able to think about a friend who had passed. There was no connection that I was able to make though that would have made me one with them. Meditation itself though has helped me to stay calm and use my head in stressful situations instead of letting my emotions get ahold of me. It also has really helped to calm my breathing. With anxiety problems, calm breathing has been hugely beneficial!
"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" means a few things to me. The first thing it means to me is if one individual is trying to help another struggling individual and they have no experience with the problem being helped, what good are they? The blind leading the blind is what happens. It also seems very hypocritical in a sense. One can have every good intention to help (even if they don't have experience) but there are some who claim to know, yet they don't really know. Being genuine and speaking from experience is what truly helps a person going through the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment