Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Loving-Kindness

This exercise was very interesting to me. I don't think I've ever taken the time to actually sit still, in the peace and quiet, and allow myself to feel love. It was a good experience for me! It not only allowed me to feel love for the person but to think about why I loved them. The only part that scared me was allowing myself to feel the unhappy feelings with love. And letting them pass over to continue to feel all the "sensations". I am beginning to enjoy these little excerpts---mini getaways from the exhaustion of life. This is a good exercise for anyone because it allows a person to stop, be still, and experience necessary feelings! Mental workouts are instances where we experience "unadorned awareness" and we do that continually. Proven benefits are better mental health! And like the exercise states- loving yourself is crucial in loving others. Incorporating this into my daily life will be difficult but necessary. Taking these brief moments to be quiet and love myself will help me to weave better mental health into my everyday life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I am glad that the loving-kindness technique worked for you. I found this to be overwhelming and troublesome for me. I have always been a person to put love at the top of the list when dealing with people and how I respond to them so I think that dwelling on it did not help me. The subtle mind breathing technique helps me still my mind and control the distractions despite what was going on around me. I love how you can work on the spiritual, mental and physical wellness aspects of your life all at the same time. I can go running while clearing my mind and refocusing.
    Have a great weekend! ~Julia

    ReplyDelete