Saturday, September 7, 2013

Final Project



Introduction
            It is important for health and wellness professionals to develop themselves psychologically, spiritually, and physically. Psychological development creates self-discipline. Self-discipline allows an individual to prevent emotional and mental breakdowns. Spiritual development encourages physical healing. Physical development promotes better healing because an individual is in tune with their bodies enough to know their limitations. Self-control encourages balance.
            My personal area of growth would need to be the physical area. I have problems with anxiety and depression. Being able to be in control of my physical well-being would be a huge accomplishment for me. I am getting there but have to take it one day at a time. If I cannot be able to conquer the physical problems that hit me, how can I encourage patients or others to do the same?
Assessment
            I would rate myself a ten in the area of spiritual health. In all other areas, I would rate myself a five. My personal life needs much work. I am not stable in the areas of psychological and physical health. I am struggling with anxiety and depression I feel like it is a daily uphill battle. For me to be able to help other individuals in these areas, I would need to figure out plans to manage my own personal struggles.
Goals and Practices
            A goal for me in the physical realm would be to incorporate more yoga into my daily routine. My life feels like one gigantic ball of stress. With the addition of yoga, I hope that I will be able to better manage my stress. So, a goal here would be to manage stress more successfully! A goal for me in the psychological area would be to incorporate more meditation. Meditation will help me to better control my breathing and to help me to manage the chaos that rules my mind. A goal for me in the spiritual area is to continue centeredness with the Lord and keep on track! Knowing that He is in control will allow me to relax—I don’t have to have all of life figured out all the time!
Commitment
            In order to assess how I am doing with my goals and development, I will need to keep track of the practices I am implementing in order to achieve these goals. When was the last time I did yoga or meditation? How are my stress levels? If they are higher than they were in the past, have I gotten behind in my maintenance? Keeping track of my “upkeep” will indicate where my stress levels are at, and why they are where they are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    It appears you know what you need to do and have a plan to do it, now it is just following through. That is the hard part! I know you can do this! Your struggles with stress and anxiety can be easily maintained if you stay consistent with meditation and incorporating yoga into your life. I believe this! Meditation has helped me a lot over the last 10 weeks. Good luck with it! Best wishes in all your future endeavors academically, professionally and personally.

    ~Sherrie

    ReplyDelete