Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Final Thoughts

I went back to my Unit 3 posting and this is what I had blogged:

My goal in my physical well-being would be to maintain good health! I need to get more sleep! A goal for my spiritual well-being would be to nurture that which is already there. I may need to spend more time around like-minded people rather than by myself. And my goal for my psychological well-being is to encourage and uplift myself, and to not feel guilty or beat myself up when I have achieved these goals.

I had given myself an 8 in physical and spiritual health as they were areas I needed to just maintain and continue improvements. I gave myself a 3 in the psychological area because it was an area that needed much improvement. I was heavily dependent on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications. I am currently needing the anti-depressants but have backed off on the anti-anxiety medicines! I am able to feel panic attacks coming on, and can control myself better. I still struggle, but yoga has become my ammunition for kicking it. I have reached the goals I set for myself, and I have done what I set out to do. Better health, more sleep, and continued improvements were my goals and I have reached them.

The most difficult thing about this course was the amount of course work. For a class that highlighted stress and ways to improve and manage stress, this one sure brought it on! But I have improved a little through the struggles, and look forward to finishing strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment